The Mission of Nevus Outreach, Inc.
Nevus Outreach is dedicated to bringing awareness, providing support, and finding cures for people affected by congenital melanocytic nevi and related disorders.
Bringing awareness and education about large congenital melanocytic nevi (CMN) and neurocutaneous melanocytosis (melanosis) (NCM) including:
- Producing literature on CMN and NCM, using content approved by our Professional Advisory Committee.
- Distributing this educational material as widely as possible to doctors, patients and the public using direct mail, in-person handouts and the Internet.
Provide support for people with CMN and NCM, including:
- Offering support for psychological issues and the everyday problems specific to people with CMN and NCM.
- Holding biennial conferences which bring people affected by CMN and NCM together with each other and with medical and psychosocial professionals.
- Providing services such as a Facebook group, email based discussion groups and online publications to help those affected by CMN and NCM to interact and share experiences and insight with each other.
- Promoting social and psychological research and programs which benefit people affected by CMN and NCM.
- Helping people with CMN and NCM who require medical treatment to obtain it.
- Making up-to-date information about current research and medical discoveries available to members and other interested parties.
Treatment or Cure
Find a treatment or cure for CMN and NCM including: