The Mission of Nevus Outreach, Inc.
Nevus Outreach is dedicated to: improving awareness and providing support for people affected by large congenital melanocytic nevi, and finding a cure.
Improve awareness and education about large congenital melanocytic nevi (CMN) and neurocutaneous melanocytosis (melanosis) (NCM) including:
- Producing literature on CMN and NCM, using content approved by our Professional Advisory Committee.
- Distributing this educational material as widely as possible to doctors, patients and the public using direct mail, in-person handouts and the Internet.
Provide support for people with CMN and NCM, including:
- Operating a vital link to new parents and others through our 24/7 “lifeline” telephone number.
- Offering support for psychological issues and the everyday problems specific to people with CMN and NCM.
- Holding bi-annual conferences which bring people affected by CMN and NCM together with each other and with medical and psychosocial professionals.
- Providing services such as email based discussion groups and online publications to help those affected by CMN and NCM to interact and share experiences and insight with each other.
- Promoting social and psychological research and programs which benefit people affected by CMN and NCM.
- Helping people with CMN and NCM who require medical treatment to obtain it.
- Making up-to-date information about current research and medical discoveries available to members and other interested parties.
Treatment or Cure
Find a treatment or cure for CMN and NCM including:
Thank you so much! This site has been a great help to us!!